[afnog] mail problem

Mikisa Richard rmikisa at bushnet.net
Wed May 24 09:00:55 EAT 2006

This thread has been dead for awhile now but it never was really solved.

Turns out the folks at fastweb (Italy) NAT there adsl clients but
instead of using the rfc1918 space like most people, they use unassigned
global /8s. Well 41/8 is one of there NATted allocations for Turin. No
amount of emails will get them to respond, calling isn't any better as I
get only Italian speaking people at the other end. Any ideas out there?

Mike Barnard wrote:

>     Now we just need someone to do this test from the host which isn't
>     responding.
>

> hi, not yet received  response from the italy side, but as soon as i
> go, ill get  post it here..... i  did a traceroute from a node in
> Milan from the www.traeroute.org <http://www.traeroute.org> page (
> http://lg.telia.net/cgi-bin/lg.cgi?query=trace&protocol=IPv4&addr=mail.avsi.org&router=Milan
> <http://lg.telia.net/cgi-bin/lg.cgi?query=trace&protocol=IPv4&addr=mail.avsi.org&router=Milan>
> ) and i still hit nothing from italy.
>
> tried it from kenya, hit a wall as well...as soon as italy talks i
> hope to get to the bottom of this. thanks again for all the help.
>
> Regards
>
> Mike

Richard