forwarded msg. from: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:01:44 +0100
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>
To: MOHAMED <mzongo at zcp.bf>
Cc: afnog at afnog.org
Subject: Re: VPN
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:48:04PM +0000,
MOHAMED <mzongo at zcp.bf> wrote
a message of 28 lines which said:
> I want to make a VPN (Virtual Private Network) beetwen CP1 and CP2
> CP1 and CP2 are linux boxes.
With what protocol? IPsec? OpenVPN? Vtun? GRE?
> I mean that i don't have access to R2 and FIREWALL2
Basically, you have no chance. Every protocol will require to open at
least some ports on the firewall. Ask the firewall administrator. If
he/she does not want, forget it.
There are some tricks to tunnel IP packets in, for instance, HTTP
requests, but I must warn you: this will probably be seen as a serious
policy and security breach and will expose you to be fired,
prosecuted, etc