Re: Removal of IP

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 12:03:04AM +0100, Sunday Folayan wrote:
> As Fisayo and others have written in previous posts, it is not as easy as
> it seems.

Oh, I believe you! For me it's been an interesting discussion to find out
exactly what the causes are.

Eventually I think we'd end up with a civil rights discussion: as Brian L.
points out there are collective benefits to anonymity, whereas another might
point out the disadvantages.

As for NAT: I think it would be a good idea if NAT firewalls could be
configued to answer 'ident' protocol requests to give the local IP address
and/or authenticated username of the user who originated the connection.
I've never come across an implementation which does this though.

Cheers,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org