[afnog] REQUEST OF ADVISE

Rwakagabo Janvier janvier.r at ricta.org.rw
Wed Mar 13 13:44:58 UTC 2019

Hi All,

We have implemented an Ubuntu mirror, and it is  located behind our firewall and Edge router, the same router is peering on IXP,
I am writing this to request an advise on the setup where we can place ubuntu mirror on the IXP.
The reason we want to move the ubuntu mirror on the Exchange point is that we are trying to reduce the load/request that will come from the Rwandan Community accessing it thus causing a high latency due to the fact that the firewall throughput is limited to a 450 mbps.
Do you have any mirror hosted at your IX? How are they connected to the Communtity?
From your expierence of exchanges points, what will be your advise?