[afren] AfREN 2007 presentations

Christian Benvenuti christian.benvenuti at libero.it
Sat May 5 17:08:41 UTC 2007

Hi,
  I have a couple of suggestions for the links to the presentations in
	http://www.afnog.org/afren/

The ones for 2006 are all PPT, with the exception of one that is PDF.
The ones for 2007 are all PDF.
Here are the suggestions:

- I would suggest to provide both the PDF and the PPT (for both 2006
  and 2007).
  The PDF can be viewed on most PCs, but you loose the animations.
  I would also specify the sizes of the files (present in 2007, but
  missing in 2006).

- The PDFs in http://www.afnog.org/afren/2007/ are 10 (or more) times
  bigger in size than what they should be.
  Two presentations are over 20MB: slowwwww to download and slow to
  view.
  It seems the conversions PPT->PDF were made with "Mac OS X 10.4.9
  Quartz PDFContext". I would suggest using a different tool
  (for example OpenOffice), or changing the conversion options.

Regards
/Christian