[afren] Fwd: Internet2-National LambdaRail Merger: DiscussionsTerminated (fwd)

Duncan Martin ceo at tenet.ac.za
Sun Nov 4 19:41:39 UTC 2007

Hi Boubakar, Don and Afren List Readers,
I'm sad to read of the contining failure, despite sustained efforts by good and capable people, of the attempt to merge Internet2 and NLR.  To my mind, the lesson for REN initiatives and for REN champions in Africa is that it is incomparably more difficult to merge two established RENs, even when their missions and operations overlap substantially, than it is to create a new REN.
Regards to All,
Duncan Martin