[afren] [Fwd: Open Source Business and Technology Forum]

Chris Wilson chris at aptivate.org
Thu Jan 15 11:41:53 UTC 2009

Hi Alper,

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Alper Celik wrote:

> This is Alper from KTH/TSLab. For the last 3 months,i am working as a
> business consultant at Open Source Networking project for African NRENs.
> What I got from my researches and studies is that, there is a big
> opportunity about our technology.

We are very interested in this area, as we also develop open source
software (e.g. Loband and pmGraph) and provide training and capacity
building for African NRENs and ISPs. We would like to know more about your
technology to see how it fits together with the work that we do.

Please could you tell us some more about what your technology is? I
checked out this link that you provided:

> Forum Address: http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/osn/

But I did not find the information that I was looking for there, or on the
TSLab web page (http://www.tslab.ssvl.kth.se/).

I did find some references to research papers published in 2008 which
appear to relate to broadband and rural infrastructure in Africa, however
none of them are offered for download. As you probably know, journals are
very expensive and most development organisations have no access to them
and therefore cannot benefit from your knowledge and research.

Please could you point me to some more information on your work on open
source tools and with African NRENs? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.