[afren] your perception of REGIONAL TRENDS, RESEARCH PRIORITIES AND WHAT TYPES OF SUPPORT ARE NEEDED

AhA ajijola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:38:25 UTC 2009

Colleagues,

IDRC  <http://www.idrc.ca> www.idrc.ca is currently in the process of
fashioning out its 2010-2015 corporate strategy and program framework.  We
need to identify ideas for IDRC to consider in understanding and addressing
the research funding needs of the West and Central Africa region.  If you
wish to make any input, to guide IDRC program development, and not
necessarily to make recommendations on particular programs, please let me
know before the close of work on 06 Feb 09 so that we can incorporate your
views.

As a member of the Council of Regional Advisors for West and Central Africa
<http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-62208-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html>
http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-62208-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html, I would be grateful if
your input would focus on the following themes:

1.       Environmental issues;

2.       Socio-political economy;

3.       Science and ICT;

4.       Which development challenges are NOT addressed above and what
KNOWLEDGE can help address them?

For each theme, we are interested in your perception of REGIONAL TRENDS,
RESEARCH PRIORITIES AND WHAT TYPES OF SUPPORT ARE NEEDED.  I ask that your
input be candid, to the point and challenge conventional thinking.

You may wish to review the following background material:

1.       IDRC Corporate Strategy and Program Framework 2005-2010,
<http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-70264-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html>
www.idrc.ca/en/ev-70264-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html

2.       IDRC 2007-08 Annual Report,
<http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-129531-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html>
www.idrc.ca/en/ev-129531-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html

Please circulate to other colleagues.

AhA

AhA

 <http://ajijola.blogspot.com/> http://ajijola.blogspot.com/

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up it knows that it has to run
faster than the fastest Lion or it will be killed.  Every morning a Lion
wakes up it knows that it has to run faster than the slowest gazelle or it
will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a gazelle; when the sun comes up
you had better be running!