[afren] #SmartDevelopmentHack

Effah Amponsah effah.amponsah at wacren.net
Wed Apr 22 17:04:45 UTC 2020

Dear Community,

COVID-19 has placed a heavy burden on developing countries unravelling
enormous social and economic consequences. Therefore, the Federal
Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) together with
the European Commission and  “Team Europe” partners including other EU
member states, tech companies and civil society are calling out the
global hackathon #SmartDevelopmentHack. We invite you to become part of
this mission. The “Call for Solutions

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Fsv-digitalisierung.de*2Fsites*2Fall*2Fmodules*2Fcivicrm*2Fextern*2Furl.php*3Fu*3D326*26qid*3D4131&data=02*7C01*7Ceren.atarim*40giz.de*7Cf44ffca7dd3d40e6755808d7e5d35e82*7C5bbab28cdef3460488225e707da8dba8*7C0*7C0*7C637230568311098128&sdata=*2BuoqeHWM0P0NM0xrm*2Bi*2B1jCY8*2BP*2FyPHtSzYuD2Aupko*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUl!!DOxrgLBm!REIX7LYIlXBeosi9V6wn6ElV5vRwN7mIMtutY1FPBTD9_ihLN2QqU-GKOs46565rS8az2A$>”

is now open until 27.04.2020!

*About #SmartDevelopmentHack*

We are calling for digital solutions worldwide to adapt them to the
challenges faced in developing countries and to immediately implement
them against the COVID-19 crisis. This will be achieved through a
matchmaking of digital solution providers and implementation expertise.
The best teams will enter a two-day intensive hackathon, present their
proposal to our jury and potentially receive significant financial
support for direct execution.

*Process and Timeline*

    -⁠ 20.04.-⁠27.04.:  Call for Solutions to our challenges
    -⁠ 20.04.-⁠30.04.:  Call for Implementing Partners
    - 04.05.-11.05.:  Matchmaking between solutions and implementation
experts
    -⁠ 14.05.-⁠15.05.:  Two-⁠day online hackathon
      20.05.:             Winner announcement

*Participation Criteria*

Do you have an innovative and digital solution that you would like to
apply and scale to one of our challenges? As a solution provider, you
need to meet the following criteria:

    -⁠ You need to offer an existing digital solution and apply
    - The solution must be easily adaptable to the relevant context for
quick implementation
    - Eligible are private companies (start-ups, profit-oriented
companies, social enterprises), NGOs, foundations, academic and research
institutions
    - This is a global call for solutions. However, participants from the
EU, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Latin America are particularly
encouraged to submit solutions
    -⁠ To attend the hackathon, you need to be free on 14.05.-⁠15.05.

*What’s in it for You*

We support you with professional digital as well as long-term local
expertise to implement the solutions together in our partner countries.
In addition, you will be given the opportunity to network with a diverse
group of organizations and individuals of the digital economy and the
public sector.

Finally, a jury of BMZ, the EU Commission, Smart Africa, GIZ and other
partners will select the best hackathon projects – which will receive
significant financial support for the implementation to scale their idea
within the vast partner network.

Best regards!

--
Effah Amponsah