[afren] News Release! WACREN signs MoU with OCF to develop CSIRT community in the region and beyond

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Dec 22 18:41:18 UTC 2020

Dear Effah,

Thank you so much for your email and sharing.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 2:31 PM Effah Amponsah <effah.amponsah at wacren.net>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> We are happy to inform you that WACREN has signed a Memorandum of
> Understanding (MoU) with the Open CSIRT Foundation (OCF) to collaborate
> towards developing and strengthening the CSIRT community

Great stuff indeed..

> in our region

Does this mean WEST AFRICA

> and beyond.

Does this mean the rest of AFRICA.

> Please read details here -
>

> https://www.wacren.net/en/content/wacren-ocf-sign-mou-develop-csirt-community-west-and-central-african-region

I read that "The West and Central Africa Research and Education Network
(WACREN) and the Open CSIRT Foundation (OCF) have signed a three-year
cooperation agreement to build and strengthen computer security in the
research and education network (REN) space in the West and Central African
region. "

Hence my questions above.

Cheers
Noah