[afren] AfREN list and update on materials

Boubakar Barry barry at aau.org
Tue May 8 14:03:51 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I hope that you all got back home safe. It was a pleasure seeing you all in
Abuja and I hope that we will keep exchanging experiences and views online.

I am posting this on both afren at afnog.org and afren at psg.com, as I am not
sure that the 2 lists are the same; if not, there is a need to merge them
and to add the list that was created at AAU for the workshop held last
November in Accra (cc'd).

Regarding a domain name for AfREN, both afren.net and afren.org are not
available, as Zita and Randy already said. In  fact, I had checked right
after the Nairobi meeting in 2006 and they were already taken.

I have reserved afrenforum.net and suggest that we use it. The AAU would
host the list, but due to the fact that Ghana is currently experiencing
frequent power outages, it is better to host it in a more reliable
environment. AfriNIC is ready to host it.

The workshop report is not ready yet, but the presentations as well as the
attendees list are available at http://www.aau.org/afren07/ . The report
will be posted as soon as it gets available and a notice sent to the lists.

Regards

B.