[afren] AfREN list and update on materials

TONYE Emmanuel tonyee at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 03:52:32 UTC 2007

Dear Barry,
afrenforum.net sounds well for me too and I agree with it as domain name for AfREN, which can be hosted by AfriNIC.
Regards
Emmanuel TONYE

Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 21:07:29 +0200From: sie at univ-ouaga.bfTo: barry at aau.orgCC: afren at afnog.org; ren-accra06 at elists.aau.org; afren at psg.comSubject: Re: [afren] AfREN list and update on materialsDear Barry,

Regarding a domain name for AfREN, both afren.net and afren.org are not available, as Zita and Randy already said. In  fact, I had checked right after the Nairobi meeting in 2006 and they were already taken.

I have reserved afrenforum.net and suggest that we use it. The AAU would host the list, but due to the fact that Ghana is currently experiencing frequent power outages, it is better to host it in a more reliable environment. AfriNIC is ready to host it.
afrenforum.net sounds well and I agree with it as domain name for AfREN.Regards======O. SIE