[afren] [ren-accra06] RE: AfREN list and update on materials

Derek Keats dkeats at uwc.ac.za
Sat May 19 10:00:00 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 08:21 +0100, Aminu Ibrahim wrote:

> i guess you will be at .ke doing
> http://www.elearning-africa.com/conference.php in a week or so, and
> Boubakar as well? i shan't, but len liverpool of unijos and, i
> suspect,
> quite a few afren folk will be there.

I will be in Nairobi, but not sure how much time I will be able to spend
at e-learning Africa as we could not get space for our (AVOIR) meeting
at the same venue. We are meeting to plan a collaborative masters degree
in Free and Open Source Software Engineering, which six of the
universities I have mentioned will be offering collaboratively, with
practical projects based around creating and researching applications in
different domains, using Chisimba as the basis around which the
collaboration is structured. We have the financing for it already
raised, six African universities as well as partnerships with people at
Georgia Tech and MIT. We plan to be up and running for the next academic
year.

regards
derek

--
Prof Derek W. Keats
Executive Director, Information and Communication Services