[afren] AfREN list and update on materials

Boubakar Barry barry at aau.org
Tue May 8 17:50:33 UTC 2007

> The psg.com list was merged with the handwritten list from the campus
> networks workshop and recreated as afren at afnog.org. I'm working through
> the AfREN sign-up sheet to find the remaining addresses from Abuja and
> I'd be delighted to add the names from the Accra meeting if you could just
> send them to me in a text file.

We'll prepare and send the file.

> Good choice for the domain name! May I suggest that AfNOG continue to host
> the list since it's already up and running and AfriNIC host the web site?

My understanding was that AfriNIC was hosting the lists at afnog.org too;
obviously this is not the case.

If you and Nii and Adiel should decide to move the list again, I can
> provide the current membership lists.

Not a short term plan; thanks for your cooperation and offer to carry out
the merge exercise.

> Wow. Impressive turn-out from the Nigerians. I hope you'll continue to
> mirror this content at the AAU site even after afrenforum.net goes live,
> it never hurts to have things available in several places.

We will; we have to provide all information and materials on our activities
on the AAU website anyway.

I had a wonderful time in Abuja, and I'm looking forward to the
> discussions on the list. Thanks to the AfREN partners: AAU, AfNOG, and
> AfriNIC for providing this forum.

Thanks to you and all the participants of the meeting. The LOC did a
wonderful job and the chairs, moderators and participants all contributated
in making AfREN 2007 a success.

Let's keep in touch on the list.

B.

- Lucy